cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP not connecting in Microsoft Outlook

hussainb
Joining in

Hi,

I am unable to connect to my email address using imap or pop3 when trying to configure Microsoft Outlook, It works fine on my iPhone. I have contacted Microsoft support and they are unable to resolve the issue. I am using the setting located on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account .

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hussainb 

The best place to start with working out the issue with MS Outlook is to check that you can access the email account via the Virgin Media Mail web page at https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

After months of not being able to get it working, I tried to see if changing my password helped. After changing my password it connected to outlook straight away. Changing my password fixed the issue strangely.
Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@hussainb wrote:
Hi,

After months of not being able to get it working, I tried to see if changing my password helped. After changing my password it connected to outlook straight away. Changing my password fixed the issue strangely.
Thanks

Thanks for updating this thread.  It may be surprising to some but a password change can resolve a lot of apparent issues with accessing email accounts.

Great that you have resolved your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks