cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP error on email account

themoreclan
Joining in

Suddenly one of my email accounts is reporting error with the IMAP address but I can't see what's wrong.

This post raised following advice in the forum - looking for support as advertised.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be connected with the issue some users are having with email accounts being locked.

Provided that the email account concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account then you will probably be able to regain access to the email addresses by changing the passwords.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your email address after at least 30 minutes then post back and the VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you when they reach this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @themoreclan

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the email issue - were you able to follow the advice from Graham_A (thank you Graham) and did it work if so?

Let us know if you need further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

thanks - followed advice to reset password on that particular email account and it resolved the issue.  Still not sure how the issue arose or that a password reset was required to fix it, but it worked none the less.  Thanks for tip.

Hi themoreclan,

Thanks for coming back to us, glad to hear a password reset has now resolved your issue and that you can now access your emails, we are aware of a issue with emails recently, changing the password helps to stop this happening again and makes sure everything is updated and secure.

Regards

Paul.