cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve been hacked

Carolyne666
Joining in

Hi, I’ve been hacked on my ntl world email. Someone have kicked me out and changed my password. I’m no longer with virgin as you can’t provide me at my current address. Please can anyone help to recover my account. They have actually also kicked me out of eBay and bought things from there and taken over my Netflix account. Have had money returned by eBay and closed account and Netflix have changed email address and added further security. But I literally cannot access my emails at all.. any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are no longer a Virgin Media customer, you lose access to any email addresses after 90 days:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you are no longer a Virgin Media customer, you lose access to any email addresses after 90 days:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for that information but I’ve been using the email address for 3 years since I left virgin. Don’t know weather that is because virgin took over ntl but I’ve definitely only ever had that email address and virgin didn’t say I had to close it down. 

Hi @Carolyne666,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear your email address has been hacked. You must have an active broadband services in order to use the email account. This would usually be deleted after 90 days of leaving us. 

I will need to pop you a PM to grab some more details and take a closer look into this for you. 

Speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for responding to me via PM @Carolyne666 to advise a ticket has been raised to get the email deleted

Glad to hear my colleague over the phone was able to help with this 😄

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have any other issues.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs