cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my account may of been hacked

JeffK21
Joining in

I think my email account may have been hacked on the 25th of July, when I tried to log in that afternoon it did not recognise my password and I had to reset it. I then discovered that several of my betting accounts had been broken into, which is a separate matter. I have checked to see if any emails were being autoforwarded (they are not) and have obviously now changed my password, is there anything else I should be doing. Also is it possible to find out if my password was changed on the 25th of July (other than myself). 

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JeffK21 wrote:

is there anything else I should be doing. Also is it possible to find out if my password was changed on the 25th of July (other than myself). 

Virgin Media's advice for securing a compromised account is detailed here, My Virgin Media account has been hackedIMHO once the email account is secured stop using it and find an alternative email service provider with security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used with and its use is not tied to other services, i.e. Virgin Media broadband service is required to have continuing access to Virgin Media Mail.

For an answer to the latter question you will need to wait for the forum team to respond; be aware it can take them a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello JeffK21

Really sorry to hear of the problems with your email account, we understand how frustrating and concerning this can be and appreciate you raising this via the forums. Welcome to the community.

It's good to hear you have regained access to the email account now, as 用心棒 has advised we'd recommend taking a look at the thread linked for more advice on what to do going forward to help protect your account and information.

At the moment we aren't able to get the information you have requested in regards to when the password was changed, sorry.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the reply, I need to know the transaction history of 25 July in order to show certain accounts that I was hacked, will I be able to acces the information at some point. I need to know the time of day that I entered my account and if I changed the password, without this information I cannot take my claim forward. I would be grateful if you could let me know if this will be available to me at some point.

Kind regards

Jeff Kilby

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JeffK21,

As previously stated we are unable to provide you with the information that you have requested.

We do not have the ability to see this information.

If you change your passwords regularly then all should be okay moving forward.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide