cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to delete one of my alternate blueyonder email adresses

colint2020
Joining in

I keep receiving someone else's emails as they use the same address as one of my alternate addresses. Can the Virgin Media team look into this please.

8 REPLIES 8

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's more likely they are simply telling people the wrong email, you can't have two email addresses the same, not a lot virgin can do about it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I agree it should be impossible for 2 people to have the same email address but I think there may be a problem with the way the blueyonder alternate addresses were set up.

I would like Virgin Media to look into it and delete the alternate address from my account. I can't do it myself.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @colint2020 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your blueyonda email address. 

When you try and delete this via your my virgin media account what happens?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I'm unable to change or delete any of my alternate email addresses.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@colint2020 wrote:

I'm unable to change or delete any of my alternate email addresses.

Individual alternative (alias) addresses cannot be deleted as they share the same mailbox as the parent email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I believe the alternate(alias) address is someone else's email address. I don't need the alias so I want the support team to delete it from my account. If I'm right they will also want to apologise to their other customer for misdirecting several confidental mails.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colint2020,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your emails at the moment.

I understand that this must be frustrating and we will do all we can to have this issue resolved. I'll be more than happy to look into this issue further for you via Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @colint2020,

Thank you for speaking to me about this issue in further detail over Private Message.

We have been able to look into this issue as far as we can and hopefully resolved this issue for you.

If you come across any other issues going forward, please get back in touch with us via Forums and we'll be happy to take a look.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs