cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to access my old virgin.net email account

jomabel
Joining in

I have an old virgin.net email account which I need to access.  It is still attached to my FaceBook account and seems to still exist (emails sent to it don't "bounce back").  But, although I know the email address and the password I cannot gain access to the account?

At the time I was no longer a Virgin Media customer (because I had moved abroad) but I am a VM customer now but with my gmail address.

Please help.

22 REPLIES 22

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tonynault,

Thanks for your message. We can look into recovering your old email address for you, first please can you confirm whether you currently have an active service with us?

If so let me know and I can look into getting your old email address over if it is still valid.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Molly_G

LOL, you were too quick for me  Molly. 😊

Well done for getting on the case in double quick time.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response, but I've sorted it now! Cheers!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @tonynault,

Thank you for updating us with this information.

I am glad to see that you have sorted everything out 🙂

I hope you have a lovely day and you know where we are if you ever need more help.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Gareth 

I am desperate to sign into my virgin email as it’s linked to my Facebook and I cannot get my passwords! Please can you help! 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Afternoon @awaite9

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your Virgin Media email address. 

Are you still a customer with an active Virgin Media account and is the email address still linked to that active account? 

If your account has closed, the email address should delete within 90days of you leaving our family. Once an email has been purged/deleted, we cannot  get it back

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

No it was just an email account that I’ve  had years! I desperately need it back !

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry @awaite9 - if you no longer have an active account with us then we cannot assist you and we will be unable to reactivate the email address; I can only apologise. The email should have been purged within 90 days of you leaving us. 

If it is still showing as valid on certain mail testers online, you can follow the instructions given earlier in the thread by some of our users  to attempt to get access.

Sorry we can't assist you any further. 

Katie - Forum Team

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@awaite9 wrote:

No it was just an email account that I’ve  had years! I desperately need it back !

You have now been given the same information on this thread from  @Katie_WT  a VM employee that you received earlier today on your thread  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Recover-virgin-email-desperate/td-p/4746732  from experienced VM user @DJ_Shadow1966                  

If your are not a VM customer there is nothing that can be done to recover the old email account.

You mentioned on your own thread that you had been locked out of social media accounts so now you need to concentrate on investigating how you can regain access to those online accounts without having access to your virgin.net account.

A quick online search in the last minute resulted in me coming up with this https://sociallypro.com/recover-facebook-password-without-phone-number-email/  but with a bit of persistence I am sure you can find more information specific to your needs.

Finally, and just for completeness, there is one last throw of the dice. You could try resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Enter your full VM email address as the username and follow the prompts. I am not at all hopeful you will succeed but it is your last chance.

If you do manage to reset the password you could try installing an email app or client and seeing if you can down load the emails to a device. Here are the help files with the settings you need: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-email-settings 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

My parents had virgin media years back and we all had a virgin email. Mine was [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED] I really need it recovering please I’m desperate 

Thank  you 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]