cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m getting message mailbox unavailable

Nomis666
Joining in

I’m getting mailbox unavailable please try in an hour. It’s been like this for 4 days now 

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nomis666 wrote:

I’m getting mailbox unavailable please try in an hour. It’s been like this for 4 days now 

The first thing to do is to try resetting the password to see if you can re-enable the account yourself.

Sign in to your "My Virgin Media" account https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn 

Go to "My Profile" or "Manage Accounts" depending on whether the account concerned is your primary email account or a secondary email account.

Select the account concerned and then, if the address is your primary account.  click on "Change" to the right of password or, if it is a secondary email account, click on "View/Change" then "Change" to the right of password.

Either way, when asked to enter your new password I would try entering the old password (if you still know it) rather than entering a completely new one. So you are resetting the password but not changing it. 😉

Once that has gone through sign out and wait about 15 minutes before trying to sign directly into the email account  from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  .

That might re-enable your email account but if it fails your best bet is to wait here for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum to contact you via the forum. They are best placed to help you with this and one of them should contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

They will take your details securely via the Forum's private message (PM) facility.

However, bear in mind that if you are no longer a VM broadband customer all the team can do is to get the email account deleted for you.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nomis666,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with your email services recently. Are these ongoing for you today?

If so, I can see that @coenoby has offered some advice on this that may be helpful. Have you tried this yet to see if it helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!