Menu
Wipersys
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have problems sending to an email address x@x.london

I can send using my blueyonder email on my Blackberry but it does not work if I use the Virgin email site.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have problems sending to an email address x@x.london

Welcome to the forum.

You will need to add some details before anyone can try and help you.  What error messages do you get when trying to send via VM webmail?

Wipersys
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that the problem lies with the software used by the Virgin Media Mail Inbox. I can send to this type of address if somebody else has already sent me an email that has been copied to such an address.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please answer Graham's question -

"What error messages do you get when trying to send via VM webmail?"

in full detail.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wipersys,

Thank you for responding. I understand you cannot send an email to x@x.london using your Virgin Media email.

How it is going from your last post?

Can I ask what error message do you get when you try to send the email? Is it the only email address you're having an issue with? Are you using a web client or a browser?

Hope to hear from you soon so we can offer further assistance.

Thanks,

Raine_G

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It it's any help Raine

I can send using my blueyonder email on my Blackberry but it does not work if I use the Virgin email site.

That would make this a webmail problem.  Of course, we still don't know what the error message was.

This is odd though

I suspect that the problem lies with the software used by the Virgin Media Mail Inbox. I can send to this type of address if somebody else has already sent me an email that has been copied to such an address.

In the absence of any other information I would suspect that the user needs to check their version of the email address.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wipersys 

Thanks for getting in touch with us 

We have raised this with our email team to see if this can be looked in to and investigated. 

Kind regards 

Chris.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@ravenstar68 wrote:

In the absence of any other information I would suspect that the user needs to check their version of the email address.

I think you are right.

As a check I sent a message from my ntlworld address using my webmail account to '@excel.london', the ExCel exhibition and conference centre in London (well I am interested in the Formula E racing they are putting on next year Smiley Wink ) and I have just received a reply from them.

So that strongly suggests there is no underlying problem with VM sending to '@x.london' addresses.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer