cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant send emails in outlook

Ray0104
Joining in

As from this weekend I can no longer sent emails using my ntl worlds email account I can receive but not send I have changed the password and i can`t set up on any of my devices including my phone something is blocking the emails being sent please can you advise how I can be unblocked note I have had this account for years with no issues 

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a desktop / laptop device try opening a Command Shell or Terminal window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes for not being able to send and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

In the meantime use webmail to send emails, https://mail2.virginmedia.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ray0104,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your emails, have you tried the advice 用心棒 has suggested?

Alex_Rm