Menu
Barbrg12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I cant recieve emails from me.com. when i go into setting is get this message "External email is only agg

I've a new laptop a Lenovo 500 I want to have all my email accounts in one place. When I go to setting and add my ME.COM email address it takes it okay but nothing happens when I went back and looked there this message.

"External email is only aggregated when you are logged into Webmail"

where do I find this Webmail and how do I use it please.

0 Kudos
SDC
Rising star
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cant recieve emails from me.com. when i go into setting is get this message "External email is

At the top of this very web-page (and at the top-right of most other Virgin Media web-pages) there's a link labelled "Email".

Click it and sign in.

That's webmail.

Similarly there's a link labelled "Help", that's clickable too. One of the pages in there that's a must-read is this: >>> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learning one day at a time how VM works, breaks, and gets fixed.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation,
send Guinness to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts.
And I'm a die-hard Eudora fan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cant recieve emails from me.com. when i go into setting is get this message "External email is

Good info @SDC but probably worth adding that the email link doesn't appear on the mobile version of this forum, which many members use. So perhaps add the link to the message.
SDC
Rising star
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:
Good info @SDC but probably worth adding that the email link doesn't appear on the mobile version of this forum, which many members use. So perhaps add the link to the message.

Ok, thanks for the advice.

The email/webmail link is: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox

Aside: Now that I've made good my omission for the benefit of the mobile-using members of this forum, maybe whoever is responsible for the mobile version of this forum could make good their omission?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@SDC a point well made and one requesed previously. Maybe one day the forum will be updated.
SDC
Rising star
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that.

But back to the here and now... the OP has a Lenovo 500 laptop. Can we assume that the links in question are visible on it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Personally the wording in the OP's original post is a little confusing.  He's missing a lot of information out but, based on what I'm reading, he's already in webmail.

@Barbrg12  Webmail is any mail service that you access via your internet browser instead of an email client such as Outlook.  Virgin's wmail service is accessible via both methods, as indeed are most email services nowadays.

It sounds like you're on this page here.

settings.JPG

Note that the message is informational only, it's not an error.

Click the email link I've circled above to get back to the main page showing your combined email inboxes.

mainpage.JPG

All the message means is that your email from your me.com account won't be loaded until you log  in to the mail platform.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Barbrg12
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I worded my problem wrongly. 

I have set up my email like this says, but I'm still not receiving emails that come for my me.com. I have tried sending test emails but they never come to my virginmail account. How can I get my virginmedia.com and my me.com all on one web site on my laptop.

thanks

0 Kudos
Barbrg12
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cant recieve emails from me.com.

okay I will start again! when I open my email page the only emails I am receiving are those to my virginmedia email address, none for my me.com address and I know there are some.

you said at the bottom of your message, "All the message means is that your email from your me.com account won't be loaded until you log  in to the mail platform" not sure what you mean by "the mail platform"

Sorry that I seem to being daft but I never had a problem on my old computer. I would just go on to the envelope on the toolbar and all my emails were there, but on this new thing I cant do that Is there not a programme or wed site that I can get all my emails in one place.

thanks

0 Kudos
Tudor
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cant recieve emails from me.com.

If you were using an email icon on the toolbar of your old machine it was probably for an email application like MS Outlook. If you provide further details of what you used on your old machine we should be able to help further. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos