cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my emails.

Tryingemail
Joining in

This is for 24hours and on different machines and browsers. A message says to try again in an hour or phone. Waiting hasn't changed the message and I cannot get through on the phone.

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that the email address concerned is correctly tied to your current Virgin Media broadband account then changing the password solves this in most cases.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If that hasn't unlocked your account after waiting 30 minutes post back and the VM Forum Team should be able to help you further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tryingemail
Joining in

I have tried different machines and different browsers. It has been like this for the last 24hours. I get a message saying try again in an hour or phone this number. Neither has worked. I have set up a different email address to log in here.

I do not have  Virgin media broadband. My broadband is working perfectly and I can access other email accounts

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A Virgin Media broadband account is required for continued use of any of the the Virgin media family of email addresses.

If you no longer have a VM broadband account this is probably the reason why the email address concerned is no longer available.

Have a look at this post:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you for that. Is there any way I can contact someone at Virgin?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tryingemail  The Virgin Media Forum Team staff should respond to this thread tomorrow afternoon.  They will be able to advise you further.

thank you

Hi Tryingemail

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the email issue. If you do not have an active account with us or the account isn't linked with the email, there is a good chance it's been deleted as per our terms and conditions. 

We will still try our best to help you via PM though but no guarantees as per the above.

I'll send you a PM now

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, Tryingemail - thanks for joining me on PM.

Just to update the thread. The mailbox was activated and advise given regarding orphaned emails.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill