cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset ntlworld

logger103
Joining in

From this morning I cannot receive any emails to my ntlworld.com account. I've used this link to try and reset my password

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

However it will not recognise me, even after putting in dob, virgin account number and area reference. Any ideas?? I left virgin for BT in March 2021, so the email should still be live.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@logger103 VM email addresses are only supposed to stay open for 90 days after you stop being a VM broadband customer.  Sometimes they go on for longer but get closed down eventually.

This may explain why your details are not recognised.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@logger103 VM email addresses are only supposed to stay open for 90 days after you stop being a VM broadband customer.  Sometimes they go on for longer but get closed down eventually.

This may explain why your details are not recognised.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks for the reply Graham_A. I believe that to be the case, they have shutdown the old email. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@logger103  If you try sending an email to the address you should get a non delivery report if it has been fully closed.  If not it may just be locked.

I've tried that and the email doesn't bounce back. I was a previous customer, so Virgin should be able to reset it but my ntlworld email isn't recognised by them now..

Hi logger103,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to hear your old NTL world email address is no longer showing our end, once you have left us the only option is to permanently delete the email address.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul.

I managed to speak to customer services, using my old account details, as I only left 12mths ago, and they have deleted the email address.

Thanks for your assistance.

You're very welcome @logger103.

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming you were able to get a resolution. Best of luck for the future.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. 

Regards

Lee_R