cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to forward your blueyonder mail to a virginmedia e-mail

cairngirl16
Tuning in

Hi 

I've just managed to get my blueyonder account set back up after problems with the mailbox along with many others.  The very helpful gentleman on the phone advised me to update to a virginmedia e-mail and he said I should be able to forward my blueyonder e-mail account to it (as he said they are old and just in case it goes one day).  I've managed to set up a new virginmedia e-mail within my account but I have no idea how to forward my blueyonder e-mail to my virginmedia e-mail.  Could you please point me in the right direction?

Much appreciated

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off - Virgin Media have no intention of closing Blueyonder.co.uk or any of the other domains.  All four domains are held on the same email system, which is why Virgin Media now have the recommended setups updated for all the domains to be precisely the same.

What you need to do is, to make sure that the Blueyonder address is correctly linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

It may be possible for the Forum Team to do a move and transfer if appropriate in order to solve this.

Keep an eye on the thread for a response from them.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off - Virgin Media have no intention of closing Blueyonder.co.uk or any of the other domains.  All four domains are held on the same email system, which is why Virgin Media now have the recommended setups updated for all the domains to be precisely the same.

What you need to do is, to make sure that the Blueyonder address is correctly linked to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

It may be possible for the Forum Team to do a move and transfer if appropriate in order to solve this.

Keep an eye on the thread for a response from them.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cairngirl16, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'd like to say a quick thank you to our VIP Ravenstar68 for the helpful advice they provided while you were waiting for us to pick up the thread. 🙂

He is absolutely right, we support Blue Yonder email accounts as much as Virgin Media email accounts and there are no plans to change this. The only time you would have an issue is if you no longer have an active broadband account. In order to ensure your email account is correctly linked with your active broadband account, I just need to confirm a few details with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cairngirl16, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 

I can see that your blueyonder.co.uk email address is now successfully connected to your active Virgin Media account. This means the email is safe and you may continue using it as normal with no fear of losing it. The only time this would happen is if there is no longer an active Virgin Media Broadband account.

The blueyonder.co.uk address is your primary email address and therefore this will be needed to log in to My Virgin Media to view the bills and make any changes. 

Should you wish to back everything up on to your new virginmedia.com email address then you can do this by following these steps: 

• Click Settings at the top of any Virgin Media Mail page.
  • Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP along the top of the Settings box.
  • Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
  • Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Virgin Media Mail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Bin.'
  • Click Save Changes.

Please let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

I've logged into my mail but I can't see anywhere to forward the mail.  Clearly I'm not in the right place but it was the only settings option I could find.  Can you advise please?

cairngirl16_0-1629489113546.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the page shown in your screen shot click on the arrow head to the left of email.

This should then show several other options including Auto Forward.

Unfortunately VM seem to have removed their help pages for Virgin Media Mail settings.

The instructions that Kath posted related to the Google Apps version of email that VM used prior to Google closing the service in 2016.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks very much for your help Graham 👍