cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete old Virgin Media Mail details

ChrisY-12323545
Joining in

Hi,

Can anyone assist with this one please? I still have old details showing in my account that i cant delete and i still recieve marketing emails to this old address. Dispite adding new email address and new details. I need these deleted:

Virgin Media Mail

Virgin Media Mail address
chris.*******@blueyonder.co.uk

Alternate email addresses
chris.********@blueyonder.co.uk
c*******9@blueyonder.co.uk

Note: This email address is linked to your Webspace.

6 REPLIES 6

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ChrisY-12323545

Thanks for posting!

I'm going to private message you now to collect a few more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jamesBond1
Tuning in

I have a username email , contact email but also a very old email  named VM email used to set up the VM account years ago . I can edit the first 2 emails but not the last which is connected to web space . 

I have never used the the VM email and until just recently was unable to open or view it on the VMweb page . There have obviously been changes made to the web site because after years of trying I managed to get in .

There are multiple emails from the same vets company dating back to Sept 2021 detailing appoints that I am supposed to have arranged . I don’t understand how this company have got hold of my email address since it only appears inside my VM account . I have never used it . They also use my name .

Also how can I check whether my data was breached in the previous breach ? 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jamesBond1

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your email address. 

We don't sell any of your information, there was a data breach in 2020 however all of the customers that were affected have now been contact. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zak 

Are you able to explain how a company have sent me emails from an email address that only appears within my VM media account . It was set up about 15 years ago and I have not used it to send or receive messages since then . How can someone have gained access except by accessing my VM account? 
I am not aware of being contacted but that doesn’t mean that I was but it went astray . How can I check please? 
Thanks 

Sorry meant to say ‘to’ an email address 

Hi jamesBond1,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am afraid this isn't something we can check, if you haven't had anything to do with the Vets I could only assume the Vets have either  put the Email address in incorrectly or the person who gave them it has given the incorrect spelling?

Regards

Paul.