Menu
Mintyafta8
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to delete a ntlworld account

An old unused ntlworld account has been hacked so I just want to delete it but can’t find a way to do this....... anyone know what to do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to delete a ntlworld account

Thank you for getting in touch Mintyafta8 and welcome to the community. 

If this is a secondary account, you will be able to remove this yourself by logging in to your account here: virg.in/myVM

You will then need to select 'Manage My Accounts'.

If this is your primary account, I am afraid it cannot be deleted but if the mailbox goes unused for 90+ days, it will automatically be deleted. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And to amplify a little if you are no longer a VM broadband customer or the address is not in MY Virginmedia (because it relates to a former VM account that you no longer have because you have has a break in service) then you will have to post back here for more help. But Natalie_L has given you a great starting point.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Mintyafta8
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is from an old account that should have been deleted, unfortunately I can’t sign into the account to delete it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Natalie_L

Would you pick up please and deal with this. It needs your invention and that of the VM e-mail team to get this address deleted as the OP is not a VM broadband customer and has no access to My VM.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you HowardML.

Mintyafta8, I have sent you a private message in order for me to get some further details for the account.  The message should appear available by clicking on the purple envelope on the top right of the page. 

Thanks  

Nat