cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Blueyonder alias

technophobetoo
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have a blueyonder email address which I still use but also an alias which I don't which receives a lot of spam. A couple of years ago someone explained how to use a filter which seemed to work for a while but now the problem is back. Is there a way I can delete the alias permanently?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The facility to manage blueyonder.co.uk aliases has been absent for some years now.

To delete the alias the forum team would need to make the request but be aware there have been instances where the process has not gone well resulting in temporary or permanent  loss of access to email accounts. Should you still wish to pursue deletion of alias post back here.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I am minded to proceed but first want to check whether there is a risk to my family's email addresses as well as my primary one?

Hi @technophobetoo

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with your Blueyonder Alias mailbox's spam mail. As long the mailbox you are looking to delete is not your primary mailbox and just a sub mailbox then we can look to see if we can remove this for you, this should not affect any other mailboxes. Only if we remove/delete the primary account will the other mailboxes/alias's be removed too. 

If you would like to go ahead with this, please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @technophobetoo

I have now completed your request to remove a blueyonder alias. This can take up to 5 working days to complete. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley