Menu
Finn2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How to close a Virgin.net email account ??

I have an old Virgin Media a/c which I only ever used for email. I no longer use this email and it's filling with junk. I understood it would close down after 90 days but it's still active. I want to close the email account but am unable to find out how to do it. The telephone system does not seem to recognise my old account details. Can somebody help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to close a Virgin.net email account ??

Wait here for the VM Forum Team to give you help with this. Could take up to a week. Don't post again or you'll go to the back of the queue. Help will arrive through this thread.

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Finn2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How to close my Virgin email account - STILL WAITING AFTER 2 WEEKS !!

Well, you would be right to guess that I am getting frustrated with a lack of response to my post to close my virgin.net email account. Other than offers for badges and someone telling me to wait two weeks nothing has happened. 

I have now waited for more than two weeks.

Please can I have some action.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam can you have someone take a look at this.  It appears to have been missed.

Tim

Edit - @Finn2  I've taken the liberty of merging your threads into one.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Finn2,

Thanks for your post. 

Have you got this resolved since your post?

if you haven't, we can help you with this, but to do so, we would need more information from you.

I will send you a PM asking for the details we would need. If you can provide the information asked for, I will be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Lindsey_C 

Thanks for coming on board.  Can I suggest that you take time to understand a post before replying?

You ask:

Have you got this resolved since your post?

If you read the post for the 16th Feb, you would realise that the question is already answered!!  The original post got lost, so the OP created a new thread today at 8:23 asking for help (I merged them to avoid confusion).

However I will give you a Kudo for sending them the PM mind you.

I'm prepared to give you guys a little leeway here as you're all new to the Forum Team, but I do ask that you use a little common sense Smiley Happy

The SU's stand ready to help the new team in Manchester, just as we worked alongside Swansea, but I have to say, you've got some pretty big shoes to fill.

Tim

Finn2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

still not resolved.

I think I have an email that I cannot open. I get a 'do not have privileges to open' message. That said, I do have another badge - groundhog day !!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Finn2, very sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. 

I have sent you a PM requesting some details from you, if you reply to this, we will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Finn2 wrote:

Hi,

still not resolved.

I think I have an email that I cannot open. I get a 'do not have privileges to open' message. That said, I do have another badge - groundhog day !!!

@Lyndsey_G - You might want to have the @ModTeam Look into the error above, Finn2 when you say E-Mail, am I correct in thinking it's messages in your private message folder here on the Forum that it's reporting you can't access?

Tim

0 Kudos
Finn2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

You say you have sent me a PM. I take it this is a private email. I have one email showing at the top of my Virgin Media Community page but this is just about my status as a user.

Have you sent me a request for information yet?

My understanding of the GDPR regulations is that I should be able to request to leave this email and have all my information removed.

I do not understand what is so difficult.

At what point do I escalate?