cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check SMTP password

brian_ramsden
Tuning in

How can I view my SMTP password? I searched account settings and everywhere else, but I can't find it

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The password should be the same as that used to sign into My Virgin Media or webmail. What problem are you seeing and in which email client?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi  @brian_ramsden

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community. 

Your SMTP password will be the same as your Virginmedia.com password. 

Have you been able to view this since posting?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I know that, but can't find a way to view my password

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no means to view your SMTP password from within Virgin Media. What issue are you facing that requires this?

Hi @brian_ramsden

Thank you for your reply

Are you able to advise on the above for me please? Can you not log in when using your normal VirginMedia password?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I can sign-in, but I had a period when I kept getting a message indicating that the SMTP password was wrong. However, the problem has gone away. It does,  however, seem strange that it can't be checked.

Hi @brian_ramsden

Thanks for posting on our community forum 

If the message is no longer appearing, please keep us updated if this reoccurs and we will investigate further.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brian_ramsden wrote:

I can sign-in, but I had a period when I kept getting a message indicating that the SMTP password was wrong. However, the problem has gone away. It does,  however, seem strange that it can't be checked.

When next the issue occurs consider posting a redacted screenshot here so the erroneous SMTP password error message can be corrected