cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change password on NTLworld email

jecvilla
Tuning in

I have an old ntlworld.com email account.  I do not want to lose my email address that I have had for many years but it has been hacked badly and I urgently need to change my password.  How do I do this?

10 REPLIES 10

Dean_C

Hello jecvilla,

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board.

I'm sorry to hear that your email account has been hacked and I have now sent you a private message so we can look at resetting the password so you can regain access. 

You will be able to access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located at the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards,

Dean C 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A two part answer.

• lf you are a current Virgin Media broadband customer and your NTL email address is correctly linked to your account then follow these instructions: Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.
  • If you are not a current customer then you are unlikely to be able to change the password.  The account should have been deleted 90 days after you ceased to be a customer.  Unfortunately, VM do not seem to be very good at sticking to their T&C's in this regard.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, I am a Virgin Media customer but my ntlworld email account that is linked to Virgin Media doesn't show up when I do what you say so I cannot select it. It is very confusing and all this time the fraudsters are still having access to it. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jecvilla @Dean_C 

Dean's post crossed with my reply.  Please do reply to his private message, as he has access to internal tools that are not available to community members.

That said, I would readily repeat my original response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham

I was worried Dean might have been another fraudster after today's events. The fraudsters had got onto my Amazon account, spent £400, managed to hide their orders so they didn't show on Amazon and delete Amazon's emails to me. I have now given Dean the info he required. 

I have just had my email account hacked for the second time and had the same thing with Amazon.

Is the virgin site so unsecure

Hi kennethsimpson,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Have you been able to reset the password for the account?

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing has happened to me today on my ntl email address. Can I get help to change my password please?

Anonymous
Not applicable
this is a 11 month old thread.. start your own