cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change email password

Mariner1958
Tuning in

I'm unable to change my email password via my VM email account. I keep receiving a pop-up stating "Validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials"

I've looked through the forum but other chats appear to be related to changing the VM account password and not specifically primary/secondary email accounts. 

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That looks like you are using an email client.  If you log into your broadband account at My Virgin Media you can check your email there and if necessary you can change the password.

If you no longer have a broadband account then your email account has probably been closed.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Mariner1958
Tuning in

Email settings: IMAP/SMTPEmail settings: IMAP/SMTP

Current email settings posted above

That looks like you are using an email client.  If you log into your broadband account at My Virgin Media you can check your email there and if necessary you can change the password.

If you no longer have a broadband account then your email account has probably been closed.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for your reply.

I am signing in to my VM customer account, then following the 'Check emails' quick link which takes me to my email folders. I then click on the settings (Cog wheel), then accounts which then lists my primary/secondary emails. If I then select 'edit' next one of my accounts, the setting are shown as per the image in earllier post.

When I try and change the password I get an error message stating "Validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials". So I'm unable to change the password. Which is frustrating as I'm trying to secure my accounts against a potential hacker.

I was hoping that there would be some help calling VM directly (150) but they only appear interested in TV, Broadband or phone issues and not potential security issues relating to email accounts.🙄

HELP!

Can you access it on webmail? 

- jpeg1

Hi jpeg1.

I can log-in and access both my VM and email accounts. I can change my VM account password without issue. I'm unable to change the password for a specific email account when I open the editing window as per below.

Mariner1958_0-1661340591130.png

When I attempt to save password changes the following error pops up "Validation of server imap.ntlworld.com failed due to invalid credentials"

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If that Incoming server > Server name value is not a redaction error then it needs to be corrected; you should be able to use imap.virginmedia.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

re: redaction

Server name: imap.ntlworld.com

With the current account setting and passwords I continue to send/recieve emails without issue. For security purposed I simply wish to change the email account password in the edit email link. When I attempt to change the password I receive the following message "The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them." 😱