Menu
jonnokeates
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How to block an email sender

I’m receiving nuisance emails from a former pupil who has mental health issues, I’d like to block him but don’t know how. Any advice about the procedure? My computer is a PC. Thank you.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block an email sender

@jonnokeates wrote:

I’m receiving nuisance emails from a former pupil who has mental health issues, I’d like to block him but don’t know how.

You seem to have been overlooked even though it is an easy question to answer.

Here is a full explanation of how block ("Blackist") a specific email address: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-block-email-addresses 

One thing to note is that the Blacklist function stops emails from that address appearing in your Inbox by simply sending them straight to your spam folder as soon as they are received.

If you want them to be deleted on receipt do not bother with  the blacklist. Instead you will need to set up a specific filter rule. Here is how to do that if you need to: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-using-filters 

Hope you get this distressing issue resolved.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block an email sender

Do seek guidance from your school concerning how best to handle these unwanted emails and, if necessary, to monitor the situation going forward.

FYI: filter rules that run on the email server can be defined within webmail to handle messages from a particular sender and:

• move them to the Spam folder, see How to block certain email addresses
  • move them to another folder
  • redirect to another email address
  • discard (permanently delete)
  • reject with reason, for example “Mailbox not found” and because message comes from postmaster sender is likely to assume email address no longer exists

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos