Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to ADD a second email address to use same inbox as first/existing email address?

In case this is helpful to others, here is a screengrab of the screen we are talking about (I hope it displays - I just watched it load just fine). This shows the 1 additional account I made years ago. It should now say 2 additional accounts, to include the one I made hours ago today.

Manage accounts.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to ADD a second email address to use same inbox as first/existing email address?

I tried one more time to create an additional VM email address (using same Firefox Browser < but note Graham's idea of trying a different Browser is quite a good one if you get stuck online).

And...

"You've created an account"

All done!

....VM now says. Smiley HappyPlus, I have received an email to my primary email address telling me this is done, just as Graham mentioned.

Good.

But now I have little energy left to try and bring it into my original inbox with the button Add email account. Will it auto configure? Or will I run out into the street screaming when it fails and I have to start a whole new thread on manual configuration. Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Maybe take a break.  Relax with your favourite tipple alcoholic or otherwise and try again tomorrow after all the VM systems have synchronised with the new address.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Holy Joe Smith, it worked! Smiley Very Happy

....it auto configured and my Virgin Media Mail Inbox now has an additional email folder lower down the left side. And with a repeat of the subheadings Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam, Trash. No pretty icons next to these though, (shrug) like the icons next to the primary headings.

0 Kudos