cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for email password change to be activated

CBSussex
Joining in

A linked email account has been blocked. Updated the password over 24 hours ago but still cannot use email. 

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CBSussex wrote:

A linked email account has been blocked. Updated the password over 24 hours ago but still cannot use email. 

It should not take that long.  What error message do you get when trying to access the account via webmail:

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Response is "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again."

Had confirmation automated email to main account when password on linked account was changed.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@CBSussex The VM Forum Team will need to investigate why this is happening.

They will respond in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CBSussex.

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your email account.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team