cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my old Virgin email account deleted?

LibbyMc
Joining in

I have an old Blueyonder account that I no longer use (long story involving a house move and Virgin messing up my installation resulting in having to have a new account with them) I have contacted Customer Services on several occasions to delete my old account and whilst each person I speak to tells me that they will do this so far no one has. It is well over 90 days since my first request and nothing has 'automatically' happened which is stated in accordance with Virgin Media's terms and conditions. This leaves my old account open to spam mail, a daily occurrence, and potentially leaves me vulnerable to fraud. I am frustrated and wonder if anyone can tell me how I can end this cycle of calls to Customer Services and inaction on their part. Why can you also not email Virgin Media to complain!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LibbyMc wrote:

. I am frustrated and wonder if anyone can tell me how I can end this cycle of calls to Customer Services and inaction on their part.

The Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum have a good record of being able to get old email accounts like yours deleted.

That assumes the Blueyonder email account is no longer the primary email account for a live VM broadband contract. You mention the fact  that they set up a new account for you so just to double check that make sure you can sign in to your "My Virgin Media" account using your new VM email account.

Enter your new email address and password into this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn and check that you can see the VM bills for your current broadband account.

In any event, one of the forum team will contact via this thread in the next day or so and take your details securely using the forum's private message (PM) facility and then check things out for you.

By the way,can you still access the Blueyonder email account by entering the address and password here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LibbyMc wrote:

. I am frustrated and wonder if anyone can tell me how I can end this cycle of calls to Customer Services and inaction on their part.

The Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum have a good record of being able to get old email accounts like yours deleted.

That assumes the Blueyonder email account is no longer the primary email account for a live VM broadband contract. You mention the fact  that they set up a new account for you so just to double check that make sure you can sign in to your "My Virgin Media" account using your new VM email account.

Enter your new email address and password into this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn and check that you can see the VM bills for your current broadband account.

In any event, one of the forum team will contact via this thread in the next day or so and take your details securely using the forum's private message (PM) facility and then check things out for you.

By the way,can you still access the Blueyonder email account by entering the address and password here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you Coenoby that's helpful, and leaves me hopeful. Yes I can access my new account using my new email address. However I cannot access my old account, I get the message 'We didn't recognise the username or password you entered. Please try again.' Hence my frustration. Fingers crossed that one of the Forum Team contacts me soon. Thanks again.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, LibbyMc,

I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C