cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a spell checker on my virgin email; and make it simple

Johnny65
On our wavelength

LOOK ALL IWANT IS SOMEONS TO TELL ME IN A SIMPLE WAY HOW DO I GET A SPELL CHECKER ON MY COMPOSE ON VIRGIN E MAIL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Johnny65, and thanks for your post.

Has the helpful advice offered by @ALF28 been of use to you?

Do feel free to come back to us if you're continuing to struggle.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ALF28
Super solver

spell checker- it is not usually built into email but provided by a browser.

Try the browser settings-langauge, then switch on spell checker. and select english.

If that does not work try installing, under settings-extensions (sometimes under tools)- grammer and spell checker.

Each browser is different  so try a few such as edge, chrome, firefox,avast etc.

My spell checker is not working so I often make mistakes, (I will try to do this myself and report back)

I often have difficulty getting a spell checker to work properly on virgin web email and have posted before on this.

If using an email client then check if it has a spell checker in the settings.

The only other way is to compose using a typing software like word and spell check then cut and paste into an email.

I  find a grammer check a good tool but usually requires the browser exrension.

You may need to refresh/reload the browser after changes before it works or close/open and try again.

A spell checkr indicates red lines under incorrrect spellings, some grammer and spell checkers bring up the correct spelling/grammer so you can click on the correct word(s)

I wrote this post with no spell checker so may have mistakes !!!

alf28

I have got the red line working in edge in this post but not in virgin email compose

Microsoft asked me to log in to add the browser extension spelling and grammar checker

It also prompts the correct words/grammar

But the spell checker will not work very well in virgin email, it is erratic and  sometimes puts the blue line or red, and prompts words, but my test indicates it is not working properly, perhaps someone else may have an answer?

I will try the firefox browser, I remember that it may work?

Could not get spell checker to work   in compose email in firefox after adding a spelling checker extension , spell checker is switched on by default.

Google Chrome browser- success at last- puts a blue line under wrong spellings in virgin web email compose, in settings select language enhanced spell checker but does not promp the correct spelling so you  may need a dictionary to hand- so may be a solution to use the google chrome browser.

see-

The Best Ways to Spell Check in Google Chrome (makeuseof.com)

alf28

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @Johnny65, and thanks for your post.

Has the helpful advice offered by @ALF28 been of use to you?

Do feel free to come back to us if you're continuing to struggle.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Johnny65
On our wavelength
I don't think I know how nto use my browser. or find how to look for it.... I am VERY BASIC at computer stuff Also it seems that virgin e mail is crap for spell checkrs as written on above. Why this multi Billion $ company cannot do simple thgings is beyond me. But it is virgin seems to be the answer. And they don';t care

Johnny65
On our wavelength

Yea   I have just got it to work I just clicked on everything at the top right of the screen then I found settings put in spell check and bob's your  uncle

Glad to hear you managed to get it to work @Johnny65

Hope you have a lovely evening!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs