Menu
puebloindalo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I delete my old blueyonder email address

I still have a Virgin Media Account with a blueyonder email address, I no longer use the email address but it continues to receive the odd email and a lot of spam, this I know as it is set up to forward to another none VM email address, I also suspect it is being used inappropriately and it has appeared a couple of times on the pwned website, how can I get rid of this address.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I delete my old blueyonder email address

Did you get any advice from Jen_A last year?  She knew everything about the VM email system.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/I-Want-to-delete-email-address/m-p/3826759

I have read that it is impossible to completely delete a primary email address.  So you will probably have to regain control of it instead - follow all the advice here:   https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Then you can think about setting up an email elsewhere to use for your important contacts and online presence - choose something with 2FA and any other features you need.  Start migrating things away to the new address.  When you are ready, stop using this one.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
Highlighted
MissPasko
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I delete my old blueyonder email address

LOL, just thought of a way to completely delete a primary address.

1. Leave Virgin services - get a good deal elsewhere for a year or two (don't forget to use a cashback site)
  2. Wait 90 days for automatic deletion
  3. Run the email address through mailtester.com to be sure it is deleted
  4. When it shows as still valid, contact VM to have it deleted manually so your personal and financial details are not stolen and used against you
  5. Return to Virgin with a new customer deal (don't forget to use a cashback site)
  6. Enjoy your non-VM, non-ISP email service from a provider that invests in good spam filtering, modern security techniques, strong passwords, etc

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'