cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete my legacy @ntlworld.com email accounts

Simba-h
Joining in

I have legacy @ntlworld.com email addresses (set up years ago); I lost access to the management of these when I moved home to an area not covered by VM approx 18months ago and had to cancel my contract.

I can still send and receive @ntlworld.com emails using mail on my laptop despite being advised that they would be deleted after approx 90 days.

Now they are caught up in the current debacle with unauthorised password changes / potential hack and I am receiving many inappropriate emails and demands for money from hackers.

I now need to completely cancel these addresses so that nobody can access them at all.

Please advise how to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Simba-h, thanks for reaching out on our help forums about this issue and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've recently faced with your ntlworld email accounts and access, we'd love to help out with that.

As you correctly said these are legacy accounts that we no longer provide and as you've left us more than 3 months ago these would normally be seized however in some cases where they've remained active despite this.

In order to enable me to help further, I will shortly send you a private message here to share more details as needed.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Simba-h, thanks for reaching out on our help forums about this issue and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've recently faced with your ntlworld email accounts and access, we'd love to help out with that.

As you correctly said these are legacy accounts that we no longer provide and as you've left us more than 3 months ago these would normally be seized however in some cases where they've remained active despite this.

In order to enable me to help further, I will shortly send you a private message here to share more details as needed.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs