cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete an old ntlworld email address

millie00
Tuning in

My old ntlworld email address has been hacked. I was told that the address  would be closed when I left VM broadband. I only discovered it was still operating when my Netflix account was hacked. How do I close the email account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @millie00,

Just to let you know, the IT team have confirmed the mail box has been removed. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@millie00 wrote:

How do I close the email account.

Sadly, VM do sometimes leave these old accounts still active. However, one the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum can arrange to get it deleted for you.

One of them will contact you via this thread and arrange to take the necessary details from you. They may take a day or so to get to this thread but they will contact you.

When you get advised that the account has been deleted, I would suggest that you send a test email to that address and make sure that you get an error message back saying that the email could not be delivered. That will enable you to confirm that the account has been fully deleted. 😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your helpful reply.

Hi @millie00,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear your old email account has been hacked. If you no longer have active broadband services with us, we would usually delete email accounts within 90 days, so apologies if this hasn't been the case here.

I will pop you a PM so we can grab some details and request for the mailbox to be removed 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @millie00

I have now raised an IT ticket for you and requested for the mailbox to be deleted.

The IT team can take around 5 working days to get back in touch. As soon as I receive confirmation from them that this has been removed, I will follow up with you here. 

Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi @millie00,

Just to let you know, the IT team have confirmed the mail box has been removed. 

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you for your help

You're very welcome @millie00 and please let us know if you have any further issues with your services.

Regards,

Steven_L