cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my blueyonder password?

annehathaway
Tuning in

My email account seems to have been hacked and I was locked out.  

VM Helpdesk have changed my password at the level of the email address that I have registered to my VM account, which is also my business email address, but what's behind that is a legacy blueyonder address.   VM Helpdesk don't seem to be able to access that, to change the password on it.

What this means it that I am able to access my emails via webmail, but not via my Apple Mail client. Apart from being frustrating and inefficient (I have several other email addresses all of which I access via Apple Mail) it means I can only send emails from the blueyonder address, which is not the email address that I use for my business and confusing to clients.

How do I change the blueyonder password?  and now that I have a new password on my registered address how do I change that to one that I chose?

Thanks very much in advance for your help,  Anne 

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It isn't clear from your post if the blueyonder email address is a secondary account or if you have changed the username for the blueyonder email to a third party email address.

If the former then follow these instructions:

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

If the latter then the password will be the same as the one you set for the primary username.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham

On my VM Profile page my "username" and my "contact email" is my VM registered address [Removed] (which is my business email) but under "Services" my VM email address is [Removed], and there's no "change' link beside it, and no option to change password.

I have an email forward on 1-2-3 reg between the blueyonder address and my annehathaway one.

Thoughts?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@annehathaway  Please click on post options and edit your post to remove the email address.  This should not be posted on a public forum unless you want to attract spam.

The password you set for the username under My Profile will also become the password for the blueyonder address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

there's no option in Post Options to edit my post

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid the 30 minute edit window is closed.  The Moderators will redact the email address in the morning.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi annehathaway, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I just wanted to swing by and check if you have been able to make the changes to your password?

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to help 🙂

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat

I still can't change my blueyonder password myself, apparently - I have to get someone in Customer Service to do it, which I find worrying.  At the moment it seems to be sorted, but not with a password that I have chosen.  I'd ideally like to shift away from the blueyonder account to a normal (current) vm address, but I don't know how to do that, and what the implications might be.

Hi annehathaway,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you haven't been able to change your email password yourself.

If this is your primary email and the once showing on your account this can be changed via your Online Account  by changing the online account password?

Regards

Paul.