cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my 2nd email password

ChrisNewton1
Joining in

I am trying to change my 2nd ntl account password I used to be able to change it on my virgin media but that option has gone

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChrisNewton1 wrote:

I am trying to change my 2nd ntl account password

VM have changed the way you reset the password on secondary accounts. 
Provided you know the existing password you can to sign into the My Virgin Media account for that secondary email account, all live VM email accounts now have their own My Virgin Media account. They are basically the same as the one for the primary address but for MVM secondary accounts you cannot access details of your VM bills and broadband package.

Sign in from here  https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  with the email address and password of that secondary ntlworld email account.  That will take you to the relevant "My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then navigate to the "Account details" page by clicking on the "Update settings" tab and then you'll see the "Account details" tab. Scroll down that page and you will see a place to edit the password.

If you don't know the existing password you can try using the stand-alone forgotten password reset link https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  but that requires that the "password reset question" has been set for that secondary address. The security question and answer in the primary  MVM account does not automatically carry over to the secondary MVM account you need to set it up manually.

If all else fails you will need to get VM staff to reset the password for you. The Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can do it for you and one of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Failing that you can try going via VMM phone support on 150 from a VM landline.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ChrisNewton1

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums 

I'm sorry that you were facing issues changing this password and a big thank you to @coenoby for their advise on this! 

Have you been able to reset the password with these steps? 

Thanks again.

Yes thank you I remembered my password

Glad to hear that ChrisNewton1 and please do let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L