cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add email (smtp and imap) to my I phone 11?

HRDTriumph
On our wavelength

I used to have working email on my I phone and not properly working on my desk top pc. A very helpful Virgin operarator talked me through adding "Thunderbird" connections last week and changed the passwords for the two servers. It took the best part of 2 hours. My pc messaging capability now works. My I phone still received messages  but not send  them..... I tried altering things and changing to  the new passwords and the whole set up has disappeared so I want to know how to add back the email capability please? Advice or instructions please. I tried calling (even though I have  the new "home works" capability) but was told to ring back on another day as they were too busy

Vic (an early NTL user from the last century)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @HRDTriumph,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to out community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing some email issues recently, but I'm glad to hear that you've now been able to resolve them. Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See if the advice here is of help Virgin Mobile device support | Apple iPhone 11 | Scenario | Set up email

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I have struggled for the last 24 hours but I still cannot get it to work......very frustrating as it worked when I set it up a few years ago.....at least my desktop works. How I wish I had never let Virgin change my server passwords!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you confirmed the password being entered is correct; to confirm open Thunderbird and select ☰ > Preferences > Privacy and Security > Saved Passwords… > Show Passwords

Is the setup process on the iPhone failing at the verification stage or elsewhere? If the verification process is failing but the password is correct then:

• try deleting and re-adding the account
  • contact Apple support for help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

I feel very inadequate...... I cannot even find preferences in thunderbird! Sorry I am struggling

Vic

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

More likely poor instructions on my part. If using Windows:

• select Tools menu option then Settings
  • select Privacy and Security
  • select Saved Passwords…
  • select Show Passwords

I'm sorry but cannot find tools in windows 10.....now totally confused!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Start Thunderbird and then:

• select (1) Tools and then (2) Settings:
    2022-08-17-a.jpeg
  • select (3) Privacy & Security and then (4) Saved Passwords…:
    2022-08-17-b.jpeg
  • select (5) Show Passwords:
    2022-08-17-c.jpeg
  • select (6) Yes to confirm:
    2022-08-17-d.jpeg
  • confirm password being entered on iPhone is same as that shown under (7) Password column:
    2022-08-17-e.jpeg

OK learnt some more about Thunderbird and my passwords now back to have more goes on my Apple phone! But I am not hopeful.....it worked in the past but nor now

Vic

I think ~I have finally got it working......don't ask me how!!

Thanks for your patience

~Vic