Menu
Highlighted
Entoman
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do I access my ntlworld emails online

I have an active Virgin media account. Been with Virgin since they took over Ntlworld ( who took over Comtel ). When I login into Virgin Media and go to emails it directs me to my Virgin Media email account. How do I change to my ntlworld account. This is my main email address where I receive ALL my important emails.

I currently receive them through Windows Live Mail which I access nearly everyday. Where do I access my ntlworld account online?

Regards

Entoman.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I access my ntlworld emails online

Click on the email link (top right of this page), then enter your email address and password.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Entoman
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank You MrHalfAsleep. That worked.

When I tried to login using my ntlworld account from the Virgin Media page it would not work.

Regards.

0 Kudos
kjwheeler
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My partner had a virgin media account then she sold her house and closed the account. I have always had a virgin media account, she moved in with me. We both have NTL world email addresses. . 

Hers was closed down by virgin media this week. Virgin media says that the account is still active but the only way she can access it is if she over rides my account with her email and mine will be deleted. 

She is still a customer of yours, we both are. My question is if the email account is still active and can be transfered to my account, then why can’t we both have our ntlworld emails on the same account? We are both customers of yours.

the email account was blocked with no warning at all. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You should not have added to a thread that was last used in January. and what is worse your question has nothing to do with the original subject. It is always best to start your own thread. But I will explain.

E-mail addresses are closely and intimately linked to one account with VM and one account only. and that must be right. The contract is between VM and one account holder. That account holder must be legally responsible for what goes on on on the account and the e-mail addresses set up on it.

That means that simply transferring addresses between accounts is not possible and not only that VM does not allow it via their systems.

If you want to transfer an address from account to another both parties must agree to do it. Both must be present when VM is phoned up and the effect will be that one account is totally overridden at the expense of the other.

I take it your partner is still a VM customer at her previous address because she has kept that account alive and still can occupy that address. Otherwise your post makes no sense. VM will discontinue the account if she has left that address permanently because accounts by contract have to be associated with a fixed address.

You really have little choice here. This is the danger of using ISP related e-mail addresses. Thay are not portable or flexible. Best to use one of the non ISP related e-mail providers like GMail or Outlook.com. Tgis problem doesn't arise with them.

I

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
kjwheeler
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. No, she doesn’t have a VM account at her old address, she sold the house. She is a customer of VM. She lives with me.

The upshot of this is that owing to the atrocious customer service we have endured from VM this last week, we will neither of us be VM customers come the end of September. Been a customer for a long time, but will end my contract by then.

thankyou your curt reply. I see the forum has the same “**bleep**” attitude as VM call centres. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

remember your email address will be closed 90 days after you leave

0 Kudos
SDC
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, she doesn’t have a VM account at her old address, she sold the house. She is a customer of VM. She lives with me.

Being "a customer of VM" doesn't in itself allow her to keep her email account. Being a VM Broadband customer does (or would have). Having, say, a VM mobile account, doesn't. Since you both either have or have had VM Broadband accounts, you'll both have read the T&Cs to which you agreed when you signed up. The consequences of closing a VM Broadband account, including due regard to email service continuity, would have been explained before the closure of the VM BB account and are freely available on VM's website for all to see.

I see the forum has the same “**bleep**” attitude as VM call centres. 

That's not so, and you are being unfair to those who have tried to help you. Forum members provide you with free help, usually on a voluntary unpaid basis, based on VM policy and on the experiences of themselves and of others. Would you be happier if they lied to you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Servicing defective PTT-button actuators since 2003.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Guinness to really show your appreciation.
Mark answer(s) as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... I work for peanuts. And I'm a die-hard Eudora fan.
Be advised that I am NOT a Wizard.