cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Delete an old email account

RedStan10
Joining in

Hi,

I am no longer a virgin media customer. Someone has hacked into my old ntlworld email account which is still running. I am receiving all kinds of strange emails and they appear to be attempting to access other accounts via this old email address. How can I get this email account deleted please?

I can send and receive emails on this account via my phone. I cannot access it any other way as Virgin say they don’t recognise the email address. For this reason I cannot log on and delete the account myself.

I have tried phoning and web chatting to Virgin staff but to no avail. All I get from them is that the account will be deleted after 90 days of my account closing. 3 years on it appears to still be going strong.

Any help or advice greatly received.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RedStan10 The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread either later today or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RedStan10

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Really sorry to hear of the account being hacked. Have you tried the steps listed here - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/why-is-my-virgin-media-email-hacked

I'll also send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me on PM @RedStan10

Just to update the thread, the email address has been set for deletion with IT. 3-5 days are the normal timescales for the IT team. 

The Collections number as well is 0345 142 4444 open Monday-Saturday. 9am-5pm.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill