cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homeless, relying on email, locked out without warning

andrewgman
Joining in

I've been using my virgin.net accounts for over 20 years. I've had to move out of my home and so I'm relying on email but now without warning virgin have disabled my accounts. They are asking for credentials but refusing them. This is an absolute disaster for me and there doesn't seem to be anyone to ask at virgin. I'm going to be locked out of government services and official sites because they refer to my email address. It's a nightmare at the worst possible time with no warning.
Does anyone know how to get locked out email accounts re-enabled?

Password reset does not work. 😞
(using a new hotmail account for this community)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given the circumstances you outline I have referred this to the VM Forum Team priority queue.

However I don't think that there will be anything that they can do as the email address needs to be attached to a VM residential broadband account to continue working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Given the circumstances you outline I have referred this to the VM Forum Team priority queue.

However I don't think that there will be anything that they can do as the email address needs to be attached to a VM residential broadband account to continue working.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andrewgman, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am really sorry to hear of the situation you are in at the moment. I am just going to get straight to it and send you a private message so I can confirm some details with you. As @Graham_A has advised though with this, if it's not attached to an active media account - we can't guarantee that we can get access back. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.