Menu
Highlighted
muzzer55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help to delete ntlworld.com email please

I am no longer a VM customer as I moved house and VM is not available in my new area. It's been over 2 years since I ended my VM account.  However, I am still receiving emails from my old ntlworld.com email address and would like to have the address deleted.  However, I cannot log into VM as my old user account has been deactivated.

Can the VM team please help ?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help to delete ntlworld.com email please

Hi - this is the right place - and you've given all the basic information the Forum Team will need.

Your address should have come off the VM system 90 days after your account closed, but it happens a lot that the process fail, and your address lingers on.  The Forum Team will contact you via this thread and then send a private forum message to get your personal details, then pass the case to the email team for full deletion.

Response time can be anything from 4 minutes to a few days.  If you still have access to webmail, then take this opportunity to save any emails and contacts you want to keep, as once it is gone there is no going back.

Best wishes!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
muzzer55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Miss P

I saved all contacts well within the time allowed.

So will be fine to just totally remove email and all that goes with it.

Many thxz Muzz.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have removed your duplicate post on this issue from the public part of this Forum. It is against Forum rules to post twice on the same issue and especially to post in different places. That just confuses every one. Please play by the rules and wait for the VM Forum Team to respond.

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
muzzer55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe try fixing it then all will be happy i have gone..Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And maybe you should realise that I am just another VM user like you with a desire to make sure VM staff get you sorted when they reach this thread. The Superusers do have the privilege to be able to keep the boards tidy and ordered and that is what I did. However you do yourself no favours by breaking the rules and snapping at others. All the advice you have until now was spot on. 

-----------------------

Superuser since 2015/16
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi muzzer55, 

Thanks for getting in touch about your email address that you wish deleting since leaving us. 

I'm not able to locate your information from your forum information so will pop you a Private Message do we can take some information and help you out. 

Please do look out for the purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide