cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help re new email

EG1
Up to speed

I think I’m going daft with this problem. I can’t work it out.

I wanted to add another email address. I clicked on the add email address button and it asked me to enter the email address of the person I wanted to invite. That DID accept the new email address I wanted to create. It DID NOT accept an existing email address.

It then said it would send an email to that address with details of how to set up the new account.

How do I get into a new email address inbox to see that set up email without a password for it? 

I don’t recall it being like this last time I added another email address and can’t help thinking I have gone down the wrong route to add another one, but can’t see any other options. The new email address doesn’t yet appear on the list of email accounts I have. 

And now the VM help pages are not opening and quoting:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Added later:

It looks as though this link to add another email address takes to a further button which helps you add a secondary account. But that’s quite different from another email address. 

D796C7FD-760A-4A28-81FA-1C1D703E65A3.jpeg

Anyone know where to find a link or process to add another email?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 

VM stopped allowing new email addresses being created for new and existing customers in May 2022.

The screen shot that you have posted is an out of date page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 

VM stopped allowing new email addresses being created for new and existing customers in May 2022.

The screen shot that you have posted is an out of date page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks, I think. A useful to know answer if an unhelpful approach from VM. You’d think they’d have updated the pages along with the change. 

I don’t recall seeing it communicated anywhere either, but maybe tucked away in some small print I haven’t seen. 

Appreciate the quick answer.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I edited my first reply with a link to the updated help page