cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With Setting Up E Mail on Android

vmforumlogin
On our wavelength

Hello,    some advice would be appreciated.

I am the main account holder.  My original account was set up under blueyonder.   They issued a username that I still use as the Username in Outlook for the e mail accounts..  It is not an e mail address but formatted like this;

kjgh65487 (not the real one)

I have one main blueyonder.co.uk e mail address and three alternate addresses under this account although the main e mail address is also listed as an alternate on my VM Profile page.  So four in total.

I also have two “sub” accounts set up.  One with a virginmedia.com e mail address and one with another blueyonder.co.uk e mail address. 

The Outlook Username for the virginmedia e mail account is the e mail address assigned to it not the blueyonder account Username. 

The additional blueyonder address is accessed via Outlook with the same user name issued by blueyonder when my account was set up, except it has a _2 affixed.  So it looks like this;

kjgh65487_2

In addition this _2 account has a further blueyonder e mail address but this does not appear in my profile or account pages.  It does work though.

My issues;

Issue Number 1

I am trying to set up accounts on an android system using the standard Samsung mail app. 

I have done this for the four blueyonder e mail accounts that are listed in my profile and have username kjgh65487.

This was done by using the Samsung mail app’s automatic setup though I was unable to use any of the individual e mail addresses under this username and instead achieved it by putting e mail as kjgh65487@blyueyonder.co.uk and password for my main account. 

I cannot however set up the Virginmedia e mail account.  I used the @virginmedia.com e mail address associated with this account as the Username and for the password I have tried both the one associated with the e mail address that is created on the “Manage Accounts” page and also my main password to get into “My Virgin Media”.  Neither works.  I keep getting the message,

"the username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't turned on for this account.  Check your e mail account settings on the web then try again".

I have successfully set up Outlook to log into the VM servers and all the blueyonder and virginmedia e mail addresses work fine in Outlook.  I have checked server settings on the android device against VMs guide and used both POP3 and IMAP settings but neither work for the Virginmedia.com e mail address so I am a bit stuck. 

I am not sure if it is the settings for the server or the password to log into the account.  I am also not sure which password, the one associated with the Virginmedia.com e mail address or the one I use to access My Virgin Media that I should be inputting but as noted above I have tried both.

Issue Number 2  

How do I access and manage account settings for the one blueyonder e mail address that does not appear anywhere in "My Profile" or "Manage Accounts" pages that still works and is set up in outlook with user name kjgh65487_2.

Apologies for the lengthy explanation but I do look forward to reading your advice.

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paul,

I am sorry I was looking for  kjgh65487@blyueyonder.co.uk  which sounds like your original we would of given at the start and cannot locate that anywhere.

Regards

Paul.

That account has nothing to do with me.  The details of the account that I am referring to have been sent p.m. to your colleagues. Do I need to send them again