cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helllllpppppppppppp - Cannot access ntlworld email account

Finchy888
Joining in

I’m at the end of my tether and really need someone to help me please.

My ntlworld email has suddenly stopped recognising the password so no able to send or receive emails since Thursday. I phoned virgin customer services who said I needed the recovery team so put me through. The recovery team said that as the email address is not linked to our home package they can’t recover the email password so speak to broadband team. Broadband team say there is no such email account. The account I’ve used for the last 10 years or more.

This email account is really important as that’s how I’m liasing with people about my mums death and my dads power of attorney and house sale.

I’m desperate for help. Please can someone advise?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@Finchy888 

The first and most important question is, are you a current VM broadband customer, it’s not entirely clear from your post if you are? If so, have you tried logging into the my.Virginmedia.com website and checking that the email address is properly associated with your account? If you can see it there, then firstly try resetting the password to something new and trying again.

Meanwhile I’ll flag this for the forum team to check into although it probably won’t be until tomorrow now.

If you are not a current VM broadband customer or the email address has not been properly attached to your account, then, I’m afraid, there is a good chance that it, and all the email within it, has been deleted. Hopefully, though the forum team will be able to check the status and see what can be done.

John

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

@Finchy888 

The first and most important question is, are you a current VM broadband customer, it’s not entirely clear from your post if you are? If so, have you tried logging into the my.Virginmedia.com website and checking that the email address is properly associated with your account? If you can see it there, then firstly try resetting the password to something new and trying again.

Meanwhile I’ll flag this for the forum team to check into although it probably won’t be until tomorrow now.

If you are not a current VM broadband customer or the email address has not been properly attached to your account, then, I’m afraid, there is a good chance that it, and all the email within it, has been deleted. Hopefully, though the forum team will be able to check the status and see what can be done.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Yes we’re currently vm broadband customers, but my ntlworld email is not connected to the account apparently. I’ve tried using the change password link but it’s saying email not recognised.

Appreciate you flagging my question.

Debbie

Hello Debbie.

Condolences firstly from all at Virgin Media.

Let me send a PM to see if there is anything we can do to get this email issue sorted.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill