cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have deleted account, but...

Dazzer21
Dialled in

For reasons unknown, when sending an email in Apple Mail, it refuses to let it go because it wants the password for a dormant mailbox. It's never done this until today. It's an extra mailbox that has barely ever been used and has just been laying unused for all of this time. I've had no joy in locating the mailbox password, so I have opened my webmail and through the My Profiles section, deleted that mailbox. However, nothing has changed when trying to send from Mail, it insists on having that password even though it's no longer showing on both the Virgin webmail and the account preferences in Apple Mail. Does anyone have a painless solution to this? TIA.

4 REPLIES 4

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the settings under System Preference > Internet Accounts; if the deleted email account was a blueyonder.co.uk account are you sure it was not the primary email address / mailbox for an aliased email address?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dazzer21,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you so much for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your client mail! I can understand that this can be very frustrating.

Have you tried to complete the steps offered by @用心棒 ? Have they helped?

Have you tried to delete the email from your phone and re-added it again?

Let us know if this has helped of if your issue is ongoing, so we can help further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've replaced the machine now. All working well on this one.

Hi @Dazzer21,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that this has now been resolved.

Please do let us know if we can assist you with anything else in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!