Menu
Yomumma99
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hacking email

I received this email today:

Hello,  I wish you bring to your notice the availability of professional hackers.

We have a team containing some of the best hackers from Europe,  America, Africa and Asia. If you need a black hat hacker, white hacker and Grey hat hacker, we've got you covered.

We specialize in hacking the following:

Websites Social Media  Email  DMV database/Clear criminal records  Mobile phone/Spy app

Head hacker,

Lam

Contact details:

KIK: LamNguyen11

Email: removed

Fast Cyber Solution

Bit concerned about it!  If they really do have hackers I assume they can hack anything!  Cannot find how to actually report something that does not originate from a Virgin Media customer on this site!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hacking email

like anything else its spam. Just ignore it

coenoby
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's an interesting piece of spam but I agree with apcyberax that the best thing to do is to just delete it and move on.

My feeling is that a real hacker is not going to advertise themselves by sending out spam emails but don't for one moment think that such individuals and teams don't exist. They keep just below the radar but they are definitely out there and yes, they can hack pretty much anything if they put their minds to it.

coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Jd0303
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve received one today too!

Virgin contacted me earlier this month to say there was suspicious items on my email and temporarily shut down my account. 

I reset passwords and all seems ok until this morning.

Have I reason to be concerned?

0 Kudos