cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked!

vonWolfhound
Joining in

My friends ntlworld email got hacked we have changed the password, security questions & removed the interloper from  the forward to.  He can now send emails but not receive them. What can we do next please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Double check autoforward and filter settings to ensure that incoming emails are not being diverted.

Also check all devices using the account for any malware that may be intercepting password changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Double check autoforward and filter settings to ensure that incoming emails are not being diverted.

Also check all devices using the account for any malware that may be intercepting password changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks  we had missed the filter one that has now  had the interlopers rule removed.

But still not receiveing emails   any  further advice.

As you were refreshed it & got a test email. . But i guess those the B's diverted we wont see again. We are going to email his address book & tell them what happened & to ignore any thing from an outlook account with his name.

Working ok on windows 10 laptop  but still  not on andriod pad  - Any thoughts anyone?

Hi vonWolfhound,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you've experiencing issues with your emails not being received.

As you have been given some amazing advice already from our valued forum member @Graham_A and this has fixed the issue on Windows, can we ask if you have managed to resolve the issue with your Android pad over the weekend? 

Please can you let me know, so we can assist you further with this issue.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Android  issue not resolved yet.   any ideas?

Hi @vonWolfhound,

Can you remove the mail account from the Android device and re-add it to see if this helps?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs