cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email

Anglian1
Tuning in

I left Virgin Media a year ago as I moved to an area where it isn’t available but my email address still works. 
A hacker has managed to acquire my email password somehow (I suspect from Virgin as I don’t use a pc and only have an iPad and iPhone and am thus free of Trojans etc) and has sent me an email (from myself!) demanding payment. He has been busy sending lost password requests to various websites!

I cannot log in to any of the virgin website anymore so can’t change my password.

I’veI cannot log in to any of the virgin website anymore so can’t change my password.

I’ve just got off the phone from the helpline and they say they can’t help either. 
many ideas folks?

16 REPLIES 16

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anglian1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having some issues with regaining access to your online account and email. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look over things. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks. I’ll look forward to reading your message!

Hi Zack. Did you have a chance to send the message? I can’t find it in my inbox. 

I haven’t got your message Zack. Did you have a chance to send it?

I left Virgin Media a year ago as I moved to an area where it isn’t available but my email address still works. 
A hacker has managed to acquire my email password somehow (I suspect from Virgin as I don’t use a pc and only have an iPad and iPhone and am thus free of Trojans etc) and has sent me an email (from myself!) demanding payment. He has been busy sending lost password requests to various websites!

I cannot log in to any of the virgin website anymore so can’t change my password.

I’veI cannot log in to any of the virgin website anymore so can’t change my password.

I’ve just got off the phone from the helpline and they say they can’t help either. 
many ideas folks?
(I didn’t hear from Zach and my previous question has been marked as resolved in error so reposting). 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Zack's private message (if sent) would be accessible by selecting 2019-04-30.jpeg(located top right). Has it still not been received?

No. I haven’t had it. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have re-flagged issue to the forum team however be aware it may take then a few hours / days to respond.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @Anglian1.

Sorry that you haven't got the private message, I will send another one over in a moment, please look out for it.

Regards,

Steven_L