Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked email

leehorder1458
Joining in
  • Hi everyone.
  • I hope that someone can help me.
  • I had a problem with an old blue yonder email account a while back. It was hacked.
  • The problem was sorted temporarily, but unfortunately hacked again.
  • I was contacted a few weeks ago by virgin who again sorted it out. The email address was locked by them so that it could not be used by hackers. Now though no matter what I try I still cannot log into it. It keeps saying about my IMAP settings or something. Im not to tech minded and don't understand it all.
  • I need to access the email account so that I can sort out some things and give companies my new email address.
  • Hopefully someone can help

Thanks  Lee

11 REPLIES 11

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @leehorder1458.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues with your email.

Please can you click here to see if you are able to troubleshoot and fix this from your side?

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have done some of this already .

But it's only showing my wife's email address. It's not allowing me to log into the blueyonder address so I can't change the settings

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming this @leehorder1458.

I will send you a private message so I can take your email address and hopefully get this fixed for you.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Screenshot_20210624_104525_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have to admit Im getting really fed up with the constant having to contact virgin and getting no where fast..

My blueyonder email address was hacked a good few months ago.

It was then locked by virgin because it was being used to send spam.

After repeated calls to virgin and contact through this forum i was told that the email was unblocked and could be used again with a password change. After many attempts at unsuccesfully logging in. I again contacted virgin, who couldnt understand the reason why. So again the email was locked.

2 weeks ago i again contacted  virgin through the forum and after 2 hours I was told that IT had unlocked the email and if i changed the password, it would be ok.

So where am I now. No where, thats where. Ive changed everything. All the settings, either pop3 or smtp, Ive spent hours messing with it and i still cannot access it. 

Someone please help. I literally only need access to change my email adress for road tax, car insurance and other important stuff.

Its getting beyond a joke now.

I have to admit Im getting really fed up with the constant having to contact virgin and getting no where fast..

My blueyonder email address was hacked a good few months ago.

It was then locked by virgin because it was being used to send spam.

After repeated calls to virgin and contact through this forum i was told that the email was unblocked and could be used again with a password change. After many attempts at unsuccesfully logging in. I again contacted virgin, who couldnt understand the reason why. So again the email was locked.

2 weeks ago i again contacted  virgin through the forum and after 2 hours I was told that IT had unlocked the email and if i changed the password, it would be ok.

So where am I now. No where, thats where. Ive changed everything. All the settings, either pop3 or smtp, Ive spent hours messing with it and i still cannot access it. 

Someone please help. I literally only need access to change my email adress for road tax, car insurance and other important stuff.

Its getting beyond a joke now.

Hi leehorder1458, 

I'm really sorry to hear that this is still ongoing. I am happy to take a look at this further for you but will need to pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If you need access to your virgin email to update/change your email address details for other contacts you should be able to use VM webmail to do this.

Go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and sign in using your VM username and current active password.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

I spent hours yesterday, literally hours, back wards and forward messages to virgin. I'm no further forward.

They say they can see my blueyonder emails. Great for them because I STILL cannot.

They say it's unlocked and have reset the password for me. So I log into my Virgin media with these details and yes it logs in. I go to emails and there is my wife's Virgin media email address. But not my blueyonder one.

So I try to add it. Follow all the instructions for settings. Then everytime get this.

Screenshot_20210718_111211_com.android.chrome.jpg

 i have tried everything. I am at my wit's end now. Desperation is setting in.

Somebody please help me. 

Lee

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]