cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Email

nachel1
Joining in

Hi my Virgin.net account has been hacked. Is there a way for me to regain control over it?

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nachel1 wrote:

Hi my Virgin.net account has been hacked. Is there a way for me to regain control over it?

Do you have a Virgin Media broadband account?  If not, then your chances are very slim I'm sorry to say.

Other than you not being able to access the email account, do you have evidence that it has been hacked, such as other online accounts linked to that address being compromised?

If you do not have a VM broadband account all VM can do is to ensure the email account is fully deleted to stop the hacker using the account.

Post back to confirm whether or not you have a VM broadband and one of the VM Forum Team will contact via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't have a VM broadband account. Hackers took over email first, then Facebook, put stuff on marketplace, tried to access amazon. Not sure what else. Guess if I can't access it again it would be better to delete, although I would love to check back through emails first. It was a sub account to my wife's.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nachel1 wrote:

I don't have a VM broadband account. Hackers took over email first, then Facebook, put stuff on marketplace, tried to access amazon. Not sure what else.

Sorry to hear that - it's a real pain.

"Guess if I can't access it again it would be better to delete, although I would love to check back through emails first. It was a sub account to my wife's."

The Forum Team should be able to delete the account for you, one of them will contact you via this thread hopefully tomorrow and take the details via the forum's Private Message (PM) facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @nachel1 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue regarding an older email and thank you so much to our community for their advise so far. 

Unfortunately as this email account is no longer attached to active broadband account with us we would not be able to restore this for you, but we can delete the email address completely. I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.