cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Email Account

dis96
Joining in

Hi,

My email was hacked on Saturday, my last two received emails were at 6pm and 6:01pm a password change followed by security questions changed.

Is there any way we can get access to the account again?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dis96,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your mailbox! I can imagine that this must be quite stressful for you. We're here to help.

In order to have this issue looked into further, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dis96,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. If your account is not active with us currently, then there is a chance that your email was permanently deleted.

Recently, we have been sweeping and mass deleting old emails that are not attached to active Virgin Media Accounts. I understand that this must be frustrating. However, as your email was not attached to an active account, there is very little we can do to help in this situation as per our T&Cs

Without an active service, we're unable to provide an active email service as well. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your reply, if only I could be as confident to believe that without prior notice my account was closed down.

As I mentioned in PM, not sure if you meant to reply in forum, before losing access to my email, I received a changed password email and a changed security questions email.

Trying to access by the forgotten password gives me to option to reset the password via the new security questions, at least one of which I did not set.

So, in conclusion, that email account is very likely still active and in the hands of whatever hacker now with the ability to impersonate me and or undermine the security of your systems.

There must be some way to get this account closed and deleted, and have confirmation of such or for me to gain access to it again?