cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Mecoconuts
On our wavelength

Hi,

I haven't been able to access my Virgin email account for a while now as all i get is :

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Is there anyone that can help with this please ?

Kind Regards.

20 REPLIES 20

Yes i've had this account for over 20 years and it's linked to my Virgin account.

Am guessing it's been deleted now without any warning and you can no longer help ???

HI Rob,

I've not been able to access my email since 27th January 2021.

I am trying to access it both via Oulook and Webmail via a Browser.

Am guessing as i was away on business and didn't access it in over 90 days it's now been deleted.

That's a bit of a slap in the face after Virgin putting my Bill up Yet Again !!!

Regards.

@Mecoconuts wrote:
HI Rob,

I've not been able to access my email since 27th January 2021.

I am trying to access it both via Oulook and Webmail via a Browser.

Am guessing as i was away on business and didn't access it in over 90 days it's now been deleted.

That's a bit of a slap in the face after Virgin putting my Bill up Yet Again !!!

Regards.

This should not be the case; see VM's Acceptable Use Policy https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/acceptable-use-policy, Sections 6:5 to 6:9

Email use

6.5. It is your responsibility to back up the contents of your Virgin Media email account. Upon suspension or termination of services the content may be removed and permanently deleted by Virgin Media without notice.

6.6. If you do not access any your Virgin Media email account at least once in every 150 days we have the right to delete that email account and its contents without prior warning.

6.7. If the email account is not used in any 90 day period we will suspend that account without prior notice. This will not impact any other email addresses associated with that account, as long as they are accessed within a 90 day period.

6.8. The email account will remain suspended for a further 60 days. During this time you can reactivate it by calling customer care.

6.9. Any e-mail accounts not reactivated will be closed and the contents permanently deleted.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

So i'm guessing my Account is SUSPENDED and i have no way it reversing it as there appears to be little or No Help fropm Virgin !!

Hey @Mecoconuts,

Thanks for coming back to us with your latest update.

I have been able to locate your account from your forum profile and re-activated your email address on the system. Please could you try to login to your mailbox again and let me know if it works.

Regards

Steven_L

AWSOME ....Thank You ! That fixed it ...i have now received all mails since 27th Jan when i lost it.

Is there no automated way for Virgin Customers to do this manually themselves ?

If you read the Forums i'm not the only one that has encountered this problem.

Thanks Again !!

Most Appreciated !!

Glad to hear that you're back in now @Mecoconuts.

Sorry there is no way for customers to do this as it needs to be done via our accounts system and that can only be done by staff members. You should have no further issues with this but if you do let me know and we can get this sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

Hi Paulina,  this is linked to my family account through which we have broadband with you in my husbands name, Mr Scott Smith, account number [REMOVED].  We've had this account for many many years with you.  My husbands email address linked to this account is still active so it's just mine that seems to be an issue

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi lillyalaine, thanks for the message, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. Chris 

Shuzy786
Joining in

Hi my wife is having trouble accessing her email. It has the same message that mailbox not available. We rang customer service but no luck. Can you please sort this out as soon as possible