cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a problem with Virgin.net.

jaffi
Joining in

Got a problem with Virgin.net. ~I'm trying to reset my password, go through the process only to be told I can't use that password. I've tried a number of variants, all of them strong, and all apparently conforming to passwords. Still I get the same message.

9 REPLIES 9

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the email account linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account with Virgin Media?
No, have more than 90 days passed since broadband service was terminated?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

No, I've had this email account since before Virgin Media existed

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Regrettably then it is likely the forum team would only be able to help with the account’s permanent deletion; something that should have happened when you were no longer able to meet the terms for its use; ie original requirement to dial in via modem every N days to keep it active. 

Issue has been flagged to the forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours or day to respond thought it is usually the former 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You probably don't still have a record of what was sent to you when that service was closed, but it wasn't intended to be a free service forever. It has finally gone now.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jaffi 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the .net email account.

If this is no longer linked to an active Virgin Media account, we would be unable to do a password reset.

The email accounts are ordinarily closed within 90 days of the broadband account being cancelled however this can on occasion be missed.

Would you like us to delete that account?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

I have never had a broadband account, I originally had dialup but that lapsed. I kept on using the email without problems to date. The only other Virgin account I have is for my mobile. Can the email address be linked to that?

pip

Hi jaffi 

Unfortunately not, as the email account is not linked to an active broadband account with have no way to manage this on our side. 

Therefore we are unable to re set passwords etc. 

The only thing we can do on our side is close the account. 

i am sorry, I appreciate that isn't the answer you were hoping for. 

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki

There seems little choice other than to kill the account. Shame as this was probably the least troublesome email account. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can appreciate the frustration caused,

To follow through with this jaffi I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain