cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten password will not accept password change

TDF1
Joining in

I have had a virgin webmail address for years.  I am no longer a Virgin Media customer.

I can no longer log into my email account and selected forgotten password.

However the password is not being accepted. I know I am receiving emails but I am now locked out of my account.

What can I do now as I am desperate and need access to my emails.

Thanking you 

TDF1

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TDF1 wrote:

I am no longer a Virgin Media customer.

To be honest, it sounds as if Virgin Media have finally got round to deleting your email account as set out in the Terms and Conditions of their Broadband contract.

See section D6 in this link https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions#broadband 

However, the relevant section says:

"If this agreement ends, your right to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you."

There have been many posts similar to yours over the years - VM often seem to let these old accounts linger on for years before closing them down. Sadly, when they get round to it they never seem to give any warning before deleting an email account.

You can wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) to pick up on your post but I think they will confirm what I have said. They may (and I stress may) be able to restore access to the account on a temporary basis but often that is not technically possible.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the advice below however I did manage to get access.  I updated my password and still got the same message "you cannot use that password".

However on my phone when it asked for the password, I typed the password that supposedly I could not use and in fact it accepted the password that I had just changed.

Bingo I have now got access.

Happy days I hope this will work for others

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TDF1 
Bingo I have now got access.

I am glad that you have regained access.

But................Be aware though that VM will eventually close that email account down for good. You really do need to move to a new email account.

As I said earlier, VM never any warning before they close an email account down, so many people have posted in here to complain bitterly after that has happened to them but VM always stand by the Terms and Conditions that I posted earlier.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TDF1,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble accessing your email account, but I'm glad you have managed to resolve this. However, as @coenoby has also advised, I would strongly recommend obtaining and storing any important contacts and content from that email address at your earliest opportunity. 

When no longer attached to an active broadband account any associated email accounts are deactivated and permanently deleted - this typically happens within 90 days, though can sometimes take longer.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!