cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign spam emails

VIPerson
Up to speed

Hi all

Over the last few weeks I'm noticing spam emails written in foreign languages, the email adress's end with eu or jp . Why is VM not picking up this spam before its ending up in my inbox?

4 REPLIES 4

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @VIPerson,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with spam on your email account. We can understand your concern and we want to best help. Just to confirm have you checked your spam setting to see if they are correct https://www.virginmedia.com/help/security/how-to-stop-spam-emails? Are you getting these emails from multiple emails or just one specific email? How long has this been going on?

Please get back in contact with us so we can best help with this.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This dot EU and other spam has, once again reached epidemic proportion. 

whilst I realise this is a constant battle against the spammers - these are very easy spot ESPECIALLY when customers tell you! 

please bring a stop to these nuisance mails. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FWIW an email address that I never used is a magnet for spam, its Inbox is clear of spam and the Spam folder has 16 messages from the following email addresses all recently received and correctly identified:
2022-07-2-a.jpeg
NB 14 of the 16 are unique email addresses.

It is likely those receiving such emails in their Inbox are in the unfortunate position of having received them prior to their correct identification as spam.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

You can add 

Hidum.eu 

Botife..eu

All these are nuisance and this morning one escaped VMs own spam filter. 

not sure why these mails cannot be just stopped at source by VM?