cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the attention of VM staff: Can somebody please delete an old blueyonder email address?

oldblueyonder
Joining in

Hi,

I've left a VM covered broadband area more than two years ago, but notice that the primary email account is still working. It should have been deleted and result in a bounce if anybody tries to send to it.

I suspect that it was because I retained a Virgin Mobile account and that somehow the link was maintained even though I changed the email address for the mobile account to one of my own domain.

I tried to get Virgin Mobile to delete it, but they passed me to VM technical support who passed me around their call centres and basically couldn't get their head around the idea that I wanted an email account removed from the VM mail service systems and tried to convince me that I could do it in my own email client. (I am fully aware of how to configure email clients and web mail services, in case anybody should ask again....). When I insisted that this was not the problem they gave me another number to call, - which turned out to be for some other service that offers paid help for VM customers' own equipment configuration issues etc.....

I've seen in this forum that this 'lingering email account' issue has happened to other former customers and that staff here have facilitated a successful removal of the obsolete email account.

So, can somebody please facilitate that this email account is permanently deleted including all personal data associated with it?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards

PS. email in question is the one used here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @oldblueyonder 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your old email account, I'd be happy to take a closer look via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @oldblueyonder 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your old email account, I'd be happy to take a closer look via a Private Message. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Martin,

I have taken over your post in Ash's absence and have reported this to our support team, I will be back in touch as soon as they confirm that the address has been removed from our system.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey oldblueyonder,

The team have come back to me to advise that your email address has now been deleted from the system.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

Many thanks for that!

Kind regards

Martin

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey oldblueyonder, thanks for confirming this.

Glad to see it's all sorted out for you now. 🙂
feel free to pop us a new post should you need our help in the future.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs